CLIENT | Lend Lease for Exemplar Health
SCOPE | Cultural Masterplan & Art Strategy
In 2013, iAM Projects was (Independent Arts Management) was commissioned by Lendlease on behalf of Exemplar Health and the Queensland Government to curate and manage the Sunshine Coast University Hospital’s (SCUH) Art and Health Program. This included a number of public art commissions and over 450 in-room applied artworks, making it a unique and highly significant collection of local and Indigenous artwork on the Sunshine Coast.
The program acknowledges the proven benefits of art as a medium for health promotion and therapeutic intervention. By taking a holistic approach to integrating public art throughout the campus, the Sunshine Coast University Hospital has embedded art into the design, landscape and ongoing operation of the hospital. The Art and Health program supports, enhances and develops the existing cultural and creative ecology of the region.
The public art commissions included:
• Main Entrance Indigenous Welcome Wall
• Outdoor Room Entry Sculpture,
• Central Courtyard and Adem Crosby Centre Courtyard sculptural elements,
• The Sunshine Coast Health Institute (SCHI) integrated facade artworks
• A range of suspended artworks for two Lift Lobbies.
• A comprehensive applied art program which consists of approximately 550 In-Room artworks for overnight stay patients.